Protecting Your Privacy
We are DA Systems, the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to managing and protecting the privacy of your personal information in line with all current applicable data privacy laws, including the GDPR 2018.
This privacy notice outlines what data we collect, why we collect it and how we manage it while we are holding it. It also highlights your rights with regards to the data.
Should you have a concern regarding our management of your personal data, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Address: DA Systems, Oakingham House, Frederick Place, High Wycombe, HP11 1JU, UK
- Email: GDPR@da-systems.co.uk
- Telephone: 01628 850 850
When We Collect Personal Information From You
We collect information from you when we contact you, or when you: visit our website, make an enquiry, respond to a communication, fill out an information or contact request form, book a demo, download and use our apps, place an order, open a support ticket or make a support call, subscribe to a newsletter or marketing communication, or otherwise submit your personal data to us. We may also acquire your personal information from third party sources or business data organisations, for B2B marketing purposes.
Information We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
- Information about you, including your full name, job title and contact information, including business email address and phone number
- If you email or contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence or keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to you
Information we collect about you:
- Information about you, including your full name, job title and contact information including business email address and phone number if we contact you in relation to a contract or for marketing our products and services, or you download our apps
- Your GPS position, while logged in, if you are using our NX Transport – Driver Mobile App
- Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including your IP address, browser type and version, time zone and operating system
- Information about your visit, including your URL, date and time of visit, what you searched for, download errors, length of visit and page interaction information
Why We Need Your Information
We require this basic personal information so that we can:
- Manage your enquiries when you wish to find out about our products and services
- Enable you to order our products and services and make payments
- Fulfil and manage our contract and enquiries when using our or your products and services
- Enable you to use the apps that you download
- Improve your experience of using our websites, for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes
- Contact you in relation to our products, services and events. You may opt out of receiving communications at any time
- Safeguard the assets of our company, its employees, its customers and other key stakeholders
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks.
Our Lawful Basis For Processing Your Information
We rely upon the following lawful basis to process your data:
- In processing your transactions and orders and providing services, advice and information to manage and fulfil your contract, we rely on the lawful basis of contract
- We may send you marketing communications if you are, or have been, a customer or if you have discussed doing business with us, as part of our legitimate business interest
- If you have opted in to receive communications from us, then consent is our lawful basis. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time
- When we respond to your sales enquiries, we consider this to be in our legitimate business interest
- We are a B2B company and only market our services to other organisations. We may market our services to you, as the employee of an organisation that we feel would find benefit and value in our services. We feel that such marketing should not be wholly unexpected, nor should it impact your rights. We consider this marketing to be in our legitimate interest. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time
In order to protect our assets and interests, we may need to use your information as part of a legal process.
How We Protect Your Information
DA Systems is committed to protecting your personal data and has implemented the appropriate systems and procedures to ensure this.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Our websites are scanned on a regular basis for known threats, including malware, in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
All the personal data we collect is managed by our staff in the UK. The information is hosted on servers within the EU. No third parties have access to your personal data, unless the law allows or obliges them to do so. The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, or stored at any destination other than within the EU.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as we have a lawful basis and valid business reason for holding it. We review personal data held at least twice a year and safely dispose of data we can no longer hold following these reviews. You can also ask us to delete your data under certain circumstances, which we will do within 30 days of request.
Please contact us using the details above if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
You have the right:
- To ask us not to use your data for direct marketing
- To delete your personal data. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations without your contact details
- To request access to the information that we hold about you
- To have your data transferred to another party, if appropriate
- To ask for the information that we hold about you to be amended if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- To register a complaint regarding the use of your personal data to a supervisory authority at any time. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK authority, details of which can be found at ico.org.uk
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies even if you access them using links from our website. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
While you are browsing the DA Systems website, a cookie is stored on your computer so that we can identify your session. Your web browser destroys this cookie after 20 minutes of inactivity, or when you close the web browser application. At no stage is any personal information stored in a cookie, or any information that would allow us to identify you as an individual.
NX Transport – Driver Mobile App
In order for the app to function as expected, it requires access to ‘GPS’, ‘Camera’ and ‘Read Phone State’ services on the device.
While a driver is logged into the mobile app, we collect GPS positional data every 30-60 seconds and transmit this securely (over HTTPS) to our NX Fleet Tracking servers. The GPS data is used to display driver positions on a map in the control room and on the NX Insight customer tracking web portal. GPS data is also used within ACI for the ‘closest driver’ function. GPS data is retained for up to 12 months.
The barcode scanning function within the app supports both dedicated barcode scanning hardware and scanning via the camera (OCR). If your device does not have dedicated barcode scanning hardware, then you will need to allow the app to access the camera in order to scan barcodes. Exceptions captured at a stop (such as ‘Damaged parcel – accepted’) can be configured to require a photo as evidence. If you do not allow the app to access the camera and you attempt to record an exception which has a mandatory photo requirement, then you will not be able to proceed.
Read Phone State
The application shows a ‘connection status’ which shows the user if they are connected to our servers. In order to do this, the app needs access to the phone state to understand if the device is in coverage or not. The app also allows the user to call a stop contact from within the app by tapping on their details. In order to establish the call, the app needs access to the phone. The phone state is not retained or transmitted, it is used solely within the app. If the permission is not enabled, then the app will not know if is connected and will assume not and will therefore not work as expected.